Bishop Ltd is experienced in all works associated with home improvements. We also undertake sub-contractor work, for example, to fit-out just the bathrooms and/or kitchens on the main contractor’s project.
Home improvements not only raise the value of your home when you come to sell, it can also bring a tired property back to life. For example, a good extension, a modern kitchen or bathroom, or a loft conversion - which passes building regulations, ultimately increases the floor-space in your home, therefore, adding value to it too. A well decorated home that people can "move straight in" to is always more appealing than one that needs extensive work beforehand.
If you are looking to use our Project Management service then we kindly request that you obtain all relevant permissions needed for your project before work commences to prevent any unnecessary delays later. If you are unsure of what to do please speak to our representative during your consultation on site. With our Turnkey service we will take care of all this for you.
Below are a few ideas and things to consider when improving your home:
- Can I open up that staircase to make a lovely airy hallway?
- Is it possible to remove the wall between those 2 rooms and create a more open living space?
- Would I be able to fit bi-folding doors across the back of my house, or a skylight, to let in more natural light?
- How do I make more use of my garden?
- How much storage do I need in my new extension or loft conversion?
- Can I add an extra en-suite to that larger bedroom?
- Should I add a balcony to the extended bedroom?
Whatever you decide to improve make sure that the new part ties in seamlessly with the existing structure, it should all feel like it is part of the same structure. You can do this by making sure the details match internally; skirting’s, architrave around the door, doors, windows and coving, and externally; roof tiles, window sizing and brickwork or rendering.
Below is a list of some of the many services provided by Bishop Ltd to help improve your home. Please contact us if you have a specific requirement.
- Fitted Kitchens
- New Bathrooms
- Coving & Traditional Cornice Moldings
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Floor Finishes
- New Staircases
- Land Scape Gardens